Developer Terms of Service
1. Your access to and use of Krossroads Developer Tools and Content
- You may use the Developer Tools to access information created or retained in a Krossroads account (“Content”) and use available payment processing services in connection with the applications, websites, products or services you operate and offer that interact with Developer Tools (“Your Service”). Any payment processing enabled by you via a Krossroads API requires a Krossroads account and is subject to the General Terms. You are solely responsible for, and Krossroads disclaims all liability for, Your Service.
- Your use of the Developer Tools and Content are subject to certain limitations on access, calls and use as set forth in these Developer Terms, in the Krossroads documentation accompanying such Developer Tools, or as otherwise provided to you by Krossroads. If Krossroads assigns you developer credentials or client IDs, you must use them with applicable Developer Tools. You will not misrepresent or mask either your identity or Your Service’s identity when using the Developer Tools or developer accounts. If Krossroads believes that you have attempted to exceed or circumvent these limitations, your ability to use the Developer Tools and Content may be temporarily or permanently blocked.
- Krossroads may update the Developer Tools periodically, and may discontinue support for previous versions of the Developer Tools at Krossroads’ sole discretion. Krossroads will make reasonable efforts to notify you when a version of the Developer Tools will no longer be supported.
- If Your Service enables other Krossroads account holders (“Krossroads Sellers”) to access their Content, Krossroads Sellers must be presented with the ability to log into Krossroads via the OAuth protocol. Sellers without a Krossroads account should be given the opportunity to create a new Krossroads account as provided by Krossroads. You will not solicit or store Krossroads passwords belonging to third party Krossroads Sellers.
- You will use the Developer Tools and operate Your Services which access the Developer Tools only as permitted by law (including without limitation, laws regarding the import or export of data or software, privacy, or data-security as applicable). You will not use the Developer Tools to encourage or promote illegal activity. You will only access the applicable Developer Tools following the implementation instructions and other requirements specified in the documentation for such Developer Tools, or as otherwise provided by Krossroads from time to time.
- You are fully responsible for the security of data on your site and processed via Your Services. You agree that at all times you and Your Services will, at your effort and expense, be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), the Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS), as applicable, and all applicable laws bearing on data privacy and cybersecurity. At Krossroads’ request, you will promptly provide us with documentation evidencing your compliance with PCI DSS, PA-DSS, and/or applicable law. You will use and access the Developer Tools in accordance with the documentation and instructions provided by Krossroads and in no circumstances will you store, process or transmit any cardholder’s account number, expiration date, or CVV2 except as described in that documentation. Further, you may not disclose card information to any third party, other than in connection with processing card transaction requested by your customer under the Service and in a manner consistent with PCI DSS and applicable law.
- Periodically and when requested, you will provide Krossroads with a paid-up, royalty-free, revocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access Your Services expressly for the purpose of testing, review or other related purposes to ensure that Your Services comply with these Developer Terms. Your access to the Developer Tools and Content may be revoked if such access is not granted and Krossroads is unable to determine your compliance with these Developer Terms.
- If Your Service is provided at a fee to your customers, such fees will be independent of the fees you pay to access Krossroads Developer Tools and will have no bearing on this agreement.
- If you are using the Developer Tools to access and use the Apple Pay Web APIs and Apple Pay Platform, you must also accept the Apple Pay Platform Web Merchant Terms and Conditions.
- If you are using the Developer Tools to access and use the Google Pay API, you must also accept the Google Pay API Terms of Service.
2. Developer Tools Access Prohibitions.
You will not, nor will you permit another party to:
- sell, rent, lease, sublicense, redistribute or syndicate access to the Developer Tools or to Content other than your own; or
- create a Service that functions substantially the same as the Developer Tools or any Krossroads service.
3. Content Prohibitions.
You will not, nor will you permit another party, without the express consent of Krossroads, to make statements or represent yourself or Your Service as an agent of Krossroads..
- You expressly acknowledge that Krossroads retains all worldwide right, title and interest in and to Content, including all intellectual property rights contained within the Krossroads Developer Tools.
- You also acknowledge that as between you and Krossroads, Krossroads owns all right, title and interest in and to the Developer Tools, Krossroads Marks, and Krossroads services (and any derivative works or enhancements thereof), including but not limited to all intellectual property rights therein. You agree not to do anything inconsistent with such ownership. Any rights not expressly granted herein are withheld.
- Subject to section 1 above and this section 4, as between you and Krossroads, you retain all worldwide right, title and interest in and to Your Service, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights therein.
We may add or remove, suspend, stop, delete, discontinue or impose conditions on the Developer Tools or any feature or aspect of the Developer Tools. We will take reasonable steps to notify you of termination by email or at the next time you attempt to access your Krossroads Account or the Developer Tools. You may also terminate these Developer Terms by deactivating your Krossroads Account at any time.
If these Developer Terms or your Krossroads account is terminated or suspended for any reason or no reason: (a) the license and any other rights granted under these Developer Terms and any other applicable terms will end, (b) we may (but have no obligation to) delete your information and account data stored on our servers, and (c) Krossroads shall not be liable to you or any third party for compensation, reimbursement, or damages for any termination or suspension of your Developer Tools, or for deletion of your information or account data.
If your Krossroads account is terminated or suspended, you agree to: a) continue to be bound by these Developer Terms, b) immediately stop using the Developer Tools.
6. No Warranties.
DEVELOPER TOOLS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER IT IS EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, KROSSROADS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
KROSSROADS DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE DEVELOPER TOOLS ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE DEVELOPER TOOLS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE DEVELOPER TOOLS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, WITHOUT DEFECT OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE DEVELOPER TOOLS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE DEVELOPER TOOLS ARE DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
Krossroads does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or services advertised or offered by a third party. Krossroads does not have control of, or liability for, goods or services that are paid for using the Developer Tools.
7. Limitation of Liability.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL KROSSROADS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR UNAVAILABILITY OF THE DEVELOPER TOOLS. IN ALL CASES, KROSSROADS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL KROSSROADS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS, OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING, OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE DEVELOPER TOOLS OR YOUR KROSSROADS ACCOUNT, OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, KROSSROADS ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF THE DEVELOPER TOOLS OR CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE DEVELOPER TOOLS; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE DEVELOPER TOOLS; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE DEVELOPER TOOLS BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR DATA OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT OR DATA POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DEVELOPER TOOLS; AND/OR (VII) YOUR SERVICES.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF KROSSROADS IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES EARNED BY US IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES DURING THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM FOR LIABILITY OR (B) $500.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF KROSSROADS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold us and our processors (and our respective employees, directors, agents, affiliates and representatives) harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, losses, damages, judgments, tax assessments, penalties, interest, and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any claim, action, audit, investigation, inquiry, or other proceeding instituted by a person or entity that arises out of or relates to: (a) any actual or alleged breach of your representations, warranties, or obligations set forth in these Developer Terms, including without limitation any violation of our policies; (b) your wrongful or improper use of the Developer Tools or Content; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or Intellectual Property Rights; (d) your violation of any law, rule or regulation of the United States or any other country; or (e) any other party’s access and/or use of the Developer Tools with your unique name, password or other appropriate security code.
9. Modification of Terms.
We may amend these Developer Terms and the documentation and guidelines accompanying the applicable Developer Tools, at any time with notice that we deem to be reasonable in the circumstances, by posting the revised version on our website or communicating it to you through your Krossroads account (each a “Revised Version”). The Revised Version will be effective as of the time it is posted, but will not apply retroactively. Your continued use of and access to the Developer Tools after the posting of a Revised Version constitutes your acceptance of such Revised Version. Any Dispute (as defined in Section 12) that arose before the changes will be governed by the terms of service in place when the Dispute arose.
10. Binding Individual Arbitration.
“Disputes” are defined as any claim, controversy, or dispute between you and Krossroads, its processors, suppliers or licensors (or their respective affiliates, agents, directors or employees), whether arising before or during the effective period of these Developer Terms, and including any claim, controversy, or dispute based on any conduct of you or Krossroads that occurred before the effective date of these Developer Terms, including any claims relating in any way to these Developer Terms, or any other aspect of our relationship.
General You and Krossroads agree that any and all Disputes, except those that are resolved informally or brought in a small claims court, will be arbitrated by a neutral arbitrator who has the power to award the same individual damages and individual relief that a court can. ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THESE GENERAL TERMS WILL ONLY BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS, CLASS ACTIONS, REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS, AND CONSOLIDATION WITH OTHER ARBITRATIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED. YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO HAVE YOUR CASE DECIDED BY A JURY AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AGAINST KROSSROADS. If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed, and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced (but in no case will there be a class or representative arbitration).
Pre-Filing Requirement to Attempt to Resolve Disputes. Before arbitration is commenced, you or Krossroads agree to attempt to avoid the costs of formal dispute resolution by giving each other a full and fair opportunity to address and resolve a Dispute informally. Both parties recognize that this is an important requirement, and that breach of this requirement would be a material breach of the Terms. To provide this opportunity, before commencing any arbitration or suit, each party agrees to send to the other party a written Notice (“Notice”). Any Notice to Krossroads should be sent by mail to Krossroads LLC, 1455 NW Leary Way, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98107. Any Notice sent to you will be sent to the address on file for your account. The Notice must: (i) include your name and account number; (ii) provide detailed information sufficient to evaluate the merits of the claiming party’s individualized claim and for the other party to determine if an amicable resolution is possible; and (iii) set forth the specific relief sought, including whatever amount of money is demanded and the means by which the demanding party calculated the claimed damages. Both parties agree that they will attempt to resolve a dispute through an informal negotiation within sixty (60) days from the date the Notice is sent. After that sixty (60) day period and not before, either party may commence arbitration. Each party agrees that state courts in the City and County of Seattle, King County, Washington, or federal court for the Northern District of California, referenced below, may enter injunctive relief to enforce the pre-filing requirements of this paragraph, including an injunction to stay an arbitration that has been commenced in violation of this paragraph.
Scope of Arbitration. If we are not able to resolve the Dispute by informal negotiation or, as provided below, in a small claims court, all Disputes will be resolved finally and exclusively by binding individual arbitration with a single arbitrator (the “Arbitrator”) administered by the American Arbitration Association (https://www.adr.org) according to this Section and the Commercial Arbitration Rules for that forum, except you and Krossroads will have the right to file early or summary dispositive motions and to request that the AAA’s Expedited Procedures apply regardless of the claim amount. Except as set forth above, the Arbitrator shall be responsible for determining all threshold arbitrability issues, including issues relating to whether the General Terms, Developer Terms and/or Additional Terms (or any aspect thereof) are enforceable, unconscionable or illusory and any defense to arbitration, including waiver, delay, laches, or estoppel.
Small Claims Court. Subject to applicable jurisdictional requirements, either party may elect to pursue a Dispute in a local small-claims court rather than through arbitration so long as the matter remains in small claims court and proceeds only on an individual basis. If a party has already submitted an arbitration demand to the AAA, the other party may, in its sole discretion, inform the AAA that it chooses to have the Dispute heard in small claims court. At that time, the AAA will close the arbitration and the Dispute will be heard in the appropriate small claims court, with no fees due from the arbitration respondent.
Arbitration Procedures. The Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16, including its procedural provisions, fully applies. Any arbitration hearing will occur in Seattle, Washington, at another mutually agreeable location or, if both parties agree, by telephone or videoconference. The Arbitrator’s award will be binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Krossroads values your privacy, particularly with respect to your financial transactions and data. Each of the parties shall maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration and shall not (without the prior written consent of the other party) disclose to any third party the fact, existence, content, award, or other result of the arbitration, except as may be necessary to enforce, enter, or challenge such award in a court of competent jurisdiction or as otherwise required by applicable law. While an arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief, the Arbitrator may do so only with respect to the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the individual party’s claim. The Arbitrator’s decision and judgment thereon will not have a precedential or collateral estoppel effect.
Arbitration Fees. In accordance with the AAA Rules, the party initiating the arbitration (either you or us) is responsible for paying the applicable filing fee. For purposes of this arbitration provision, references to you and Krossroads also include respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors, successors and assigns as well as authorized users or beneficiaries of the Services.
Opt Out. You may reject this provision, in which case only a court may be used to resolve any Dispute. To reject this provision, you must send us an opt-out notice (the “Opt Out”) within thirty (30) days after you create a Krossroads account or we first provide you with the right to reject this provision. The Opt Out must be mailed to Krossroads LLC, 1455 NW Leary Way, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98107. This is the only way of opting out of this provision. Opting out will not affect any other aspect of the General Terms, Developer Terms, Additional Terms, or the Services, and will have no effect on any other or future agreements you may reach to arbitrate with us.
Court Proceedings Subject to and without waiver of the arbitration provisions above, you agree that any judicial proceedings (other than small claims actions as discussed above) will be brought in and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state courts in the City and County of Seattle, King County, Washington, or federal court for the Northern District of California.
11. Governing Law.
These Developer Terms and any Dispute will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, as set forth above, and by Washington law and/or applicable federal law, without regard to its choice of law or conflicts of law principles.
12. Limitation on Time to Initiate a Dispute.
These preliminaries settled, he did not care to put off any longer the execution of his design, urged on to it by the thought of all the world was losing by his delay, seeing what wrongs he intended to right, grievances to redress, injustices to repair, abuses to remove, and duties to discharge.
These Developer Terms and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you and any attempted transfer or assignment will be null and void.
14. Other Provisions.
These Developer Terms and any other applicable terms or policies, are a complete statement of the agreement between you and Krossroads regarding the Developer Tools. If any provision of these Developer Terms is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, then it will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law, and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. These Developer Terms do not limit any rights that Krossroads may have under trade secret, copyright, patent, or other laws. No waiver of any term of these Developer Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
The following sections of these Developer Terms survive and remain in effect in accordance with their terms upon termination of this Agreement: 4 (Ownership. Feedback), 5 (Termination), 6 (No Warranties), 7 (Limitation of Liability), 8 (Indemnity), 10 (Binding Individual Arbitration), 11 (Governing Law), 12 (Limitation on Time to Initiate a Dispute), 13 (Assignment) and 14 (Other Provisions).